Thanks to the interest of our users and to research carried out by our team, we have recently been able to add two new languages (Lithuanian and Georgian) to lexicool's Directory of bilingual and multilingual dictionaries. The following links show the resources currently available:
- for Lithuanian: www.lexicool.com/online-dictionary.asp?FSP=A65
- for Georgian: www.lexicool.com/online-dictionary.asp?FSP=A66
If you wish to know more about these two languages or about any other language, you could visit the site "Ethnologue: Languages of the World" (http://www.ethnologue.com/web.asp). The site provides comprehensive information on just about every language spoken in the World.
We have recently added a new "Interesting articles" section to the site (http://www.lexicool.com/articles.asp), which features language and translation related articles written by lexicool's users. The articles currently available are:
- "Menace to the Polish Language" by Halina Arendt
- "Translation in Afrikaans Today" by Johann Boshoff
- "What is 'Shift of Meaning'? An Attempt at a Linguistic Analysis" by Gunnar Persson
- "Avoiding a comedy of errors: How to choose a translator wisely" by Miriam Hurley
- "Best Face Forward: In Person Marketing Skills for T&I Professionals" by Diane E. Teichman
In view of the success of the translation and interpreting courses section (http://www.lexicool.com/courses.asp), we have recently increased its content by adding post-graduate courses in Australia, Brazil, Portugal and Spain.
The end of the year, with its parties and presents, is not far away, and the team at lexicool.com wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, in your language and in other languages: http://www.omniglot.com/language/phrases/christmas.htm