Lingo 4.0 offers an effective way to create and manage monolingual and multilingual dictionaries and glossaries.
Dictionaries once created can be consulted easily using a dedicated search function.
Drag and drop functionality allows easy insertion of words into documents and facilitates dictionary creation.
The program can be used with any Windows word processor and easy to use import and export features mean that data entered into Lingo 4.0 can be available for other applications and that existing terminology lists can be re-used.
Version 4.0 of Lingo, with a range of new features, has been designed specifically to meet the needs of translators, localizers and businesses. It incorporates many of the suggestions from users worldwide.
- Creation of any number of specialised dictionaries/glossaries in whatever languages you choose (full Unicode compatibility)
- Can be used with any Windows word processor
- Designed so that the user can create and modify dictionaries/glossaries as he/she works
- Can handle large files (i.e. over 50,000 entries)
- Rapid and easily configurable search
- Small "toolbar" type interface which can stay above other applications
- Drag and drop functionality
- Import/export functions (XML-TMX, text), meaning that existing word processed dictionaries can be re-used and that Lingo 4.0 dictionaries can be used for other applications
The minimum requirements for installing and running Lingo 4.0 are as follows:
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 10
- 128 MB of RAM
- 20 MB of hard disk space